Thursday, August 4, 2011

the 'scholarship' experience

"We regret to inform you that you are not among the candidates selected to receive a scholarship this year."

And with that simple sentence, my yearlong pursuit for a scholarship and to study abroad ended. Three different scholarships. Three different organizations and applications. Same result. For some  reason, scholarships do not agree with me. 

I knew it was coming. I knew where I was called to be and yet it didn't soften the blow. It was still painful to see everything you planned for a year go crumbling down. 

People might view this experience as a complete and utter disaster for me. Imagine draining your savings on applications, exams and mailing services. For a time, FED-EX became a part of my weekly routine. One document had to be mailed abroad every week! 

And yet one thing sustained me through it all: 

I am confident of this: 
I will see the goodness of the Lord 
in the land of the living. 
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord. (Psalm 27:13-14) 

The Lord has been faithful for the past 28 years of my life. He will be faithful to bring to completion the things he has started in me. It may not have ended the way I originally planned it, but I do know that the best days are still to come. I will continually wait for the Lord :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment