Saturday, December 31, 2011

almost

2011 was a year of 'almosts' for me: almost thirty, almost studied abroad, almost published a book, almost moved to the 'suburbs,' almost had a breakdown (of wait, i think that DID happen :)) )  etc etc. Plans were made; plans slowly unravelled.

I started 2011 with a very blank slate. Unlike the previous years where no major overhauls happened in my life, this year was quite different. All I knew then that I was about to leave my job of five years with no certainty of a new job. The scholarship I pursued for over a year remained ever elusive. My family was on the brink of moving down south and I was about to become homeless :))

Yet in the midst of all of the changes, God remained the ever constant being in my life. He is always faithful and true to his word. Joshua 21:45 said, "Not one of all the LORD’s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled."

Things have certainly not gone according to my plans but it was all worth it. God's sovereignty prevailed and it was so much better that what I could have planned or imagined.

If there is one event that perfectly captures my 2011, it would be my Danao Plunge: https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1757301612688

Taking that plunge scared the hell out of me and I thought it would be my end. But it turned out to be one of the best things that ever happened to me, same as 2011. I thought that this year would be a year of uncertainty but it turned out to be one of the best years of my life :)

Thank you to everyone who made my 2011 so awesome. I can't wait to take the 'plunge' once more for an exciting 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment